Monday, November 5, 2007

Fraser Island Goodness


This is me in front of the shipwreck! It has been there for 200 years!


So it is finals week, and when is there a better time to go to the largest sand island in the world with 3 of your best girl mates. I honestly didnt think we were going to make it, considering we booked the trip the day before we left.

The road trip:

We rented a car (we called it the lady bug) and road tripped north to fraser island with a few random stops at rainbow beach and noosa in the sunshine coast, and a nice opal farm. We bonded, got lost, had no map and google directions were no help because Australia doesnt label there streets, but honestly it was my funnest adventure in australia. We stopped in Maryborough (I will never forget this town) and ate some funk food called Take Away which messed up our digestive systems, but fortunately at the moment I thought I was going to throw up everywhere in the car, the hostel was right in from of us.

The Journey to the Island in Team Platy:

The next morning we started at 5:30 with debriefing on all the details to go to the Island. The trip was organized through the hostel so they organized us renting a 4WD, the food, the camping gear, and the other 7 passagers in the car. It was us four american girls, a canadian girl, a german, an Irishman named Johnny, a cute newly engaged british couple, and team Sweden (these girls were nuts). We were by far the randomest group, but by far the funnest.
Once on the island we got to see dingos, whales, sharks, champaign rocks, dolphins, jelly fish, beaches, gorgeous fresh water lakes that were crystal clear, lizards, snakes, and a possum got stuck in our tent, pooped everywhere and peed on my bags...pretty sweet.

But all around it was relaxing, nothing went wrong, which is so weird, and I had the time of my life. I just struggle to comprehend God made this world so unique and I love it. I spent time in John 1 thinking of Jesus, and God and the Holy Spirit during creation, and what they must have thought. I felt this connection to God and him loving me, and being joyous over me delighting in His creation. Good stuff.
As for finals, I have 2 more this week, and I have finished 2. It is rainy right now in the Gold Coast, so a perfect condition to study for this week.

The girls and I in Lake McKenzie...so beautiful



Ashley and I dancing in the ocean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that picture of you by the boat! :)