Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Long Due Update from OZ

Hey my lovely friends,

Man it has been too long since I have updated my blog. I appologize for that, because my life here is ever changing and interesting.

So I have had many more random beach adventures. they are each unique and new and fun. I love the region I live in, there are beaches upon beaches and each has a different dynamic.
Today I went to Burleigh Beach and it was lovely. It was Molly and I, and a pretty typical beach day. I love Burleigh though because it forms a little tip bulging outward from the country, so the tide brings in all these gorgeous schells. We played in the rocks and the rocks were swarmed with schells. They were everywhere. Also in the rocks were these exciting squishes things (some sort of sea creature) and an Eel!!!! It was pretty sweet. I tried to run and get my camera and go back, but it already swam away.....but it was still cool.

On my birthday I had a fun adventure filled day. It was awesome. I went to a Wildlife Sanctuary in Currubin, where I played with Kangeroos, saw a mosterous croc, and best part of all I held a koala! Fun Fun.

Then we went to Collongatta beach, where I played some more, in the rocks, and the tide came up and almost pulled me into a rocky pit, but I didnt die, I just got a ginormous bruise on my bottom. And I ate fish and chips for lunch ( my favorite australia meal) and we came back to our apartments and my friends threw me a party, and we ate prawn (shrimp) stirfry....I was touched, I felt loved. I cried. Pure Goodness.
Uni (college) is finishing up, this week is my last week of classes, then next week is study week, then the next finals, then the week after that I come home. Sad day. I have one last trip, which is a road trip to Fraser Island, one of the worlds largest all sand islands. It is a girl camping trip, and we all are pretty stoked for it.
Last weekend I worked at Indy, which is like the Nascar car races in Australia. It was alright. I saw Nicole Richie pregant, and Good Charlotte, and a bunch of famous race car drivers. I had a pretty nice job working in a corporate sweet for a rich tyre (tire) company, they tiped me $150 dollars. It was fun to work with my friends, but it was a hard environment to work in, desperate for Jesus I reckon. Indy is all about getting drunk, and girls in bikinis, pretty dead life. So if you want to pray for my heart that would be great. I didnt really know what I was getting myself into, and I think the environment numbed a bit of my heart. So yeah......I am loving Psalm 19 right now. I am loving Jesus being here resting with me. Hmmmmm he really is who he says he is.
I miss you all...
:::HUGS:::::


I Held a Koala!!!!! woopty woop!

(this picture is from my birthday at Collongatta beach)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, your life there sounds so sweet. I'm glad you updated! I can't wait till you get back to see u!! miss you.. Love u!